Campo Viejo Game Day Pairings
Campo Viejo Game Day Pairings
Whether you’ve got money on the line or you just can’t resist the appetizers, we’re not here to judge. Whatever your reason, Super bowl is the perfect occasion to enjoy friends, food and of course (our personal favorite) the half time show. Here are some game day pairings that will have everyone cheering.
You can be high-brow AND still serve pigs-in-a-blanket. Take it from us. Try this easy, crowd favorite, paired with sweet mustard chutney and our Tempranillo.
- 7 ounces all-butter puff pastry, thawed and cut into four 5-inch squares
- 1 large egg yolk mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
- 4 andouille sausages (3 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup chutney
- 2 tablespoons whole-grain mustard
Preheat the oven to 375° and position a rack in the center. Arrange the puff pastry squares on a work surface and brush the top edges with the egg wash. Place the sausages on the bottom edges and roll up the pastry, pressing the edges to seal. Freeze the logs for 10 minutes, or until firm.
Cut the logs into 1/2-inch slices and place them cut side up in 3 mini muffin pans. Bake for 25 minutes, until golden and sizzling. Turn out onto a paper towel-lined rack to cool.
Meanwhile, in a mini food processor, pulse the chutney and mustard just until the chutney is chopped. Spoon a dollop of the chutney mustard on each slice and serve.
You’ve come a long way since those late night college nachos. This next-level version features sausage, pickled veggies and fried eggs. Pair this cheesy treat with our smooth Reserva and you’ll be a legend among your guests.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 12 ounces sweet Italian sausage, casings removed
- One 13-ounce bag thick-cut tortilla chips
- 1 1/2 pounds Monterey Jack, coarsely shredded (6 cups)
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mixed drained giardiniera
- 1 1/2 cups chopped mixed pickled sweet and hot peppers, such as pepperoncini and Peppadew
- 6 large eggs
- Kosher salt
- Chopped cilantro, for garnish
- Hot sauce and sour cream, for serving
Preheat the oven to 400°. In a medium skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Add the sausage and cook over moderate heat, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until just cooked through, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with olive oil. Spread half of the tortilla chips on the sheet and top with half each of the cheese, beans, giardiniera, pickled peppers and sausage. Repeat the layering with the remaining tortillas chips, cheese, beans, giardiniera, pickled peppers and sausage. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until the cheese is melted.
Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the olive oil. Crack 3 eggs into the skillet. Season with salt and cook over moderately high heat until the whites are firm and the yolks are runny, 3 to 5 minutes. Using a spatula, transfer to a plate. Repeat with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil and 3 eggs.
Top the nachos with the fried eggs. Garnish with cilantro and serve with hot sauce and sour cream.