Gambas a la plancha (Pan-grilled shrimp)
A truly classic Spanish tapa, this recipe is quick, easy, and full of flavour.
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 24 medium-large shrimp in the shell with heads intact
- Handful of fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, minced
- To season the shrimp, whisk together lemon juice, salt and pepper. Drizzle generously with olive oil.
- Heat a dry pan over high heat. Working in batches, add the shrimp in a single layer without crowding. Sear for 1 minute. Decrease the heat to medium and continue cooking for 1 minute longer.
- Turn the shrimp and sear for 3 more minutes, until they are opaque throughout and the shells begin to brown.
- Keep the shrimp warm on an ovenproof platter in a low oven. Cook the rest of the shrimp in the same way and when you’re ready to serve, garnish with parsley.