Higos con Miel y Queso (Figs and cheese)
Figs filled with creamy goat cheese, drizzled with honey and wrapped with Spanish ham is a simple but sophisticated appetiser that will leave your guests’ tastebuds buzzing.
- 16 figs
- 8 Teaspoons soft goat cheese
- 1/4 cup basil, cut in thin strips
- 16 strips of Serrano ham cut into 4-inch pieces
- After you’ve cleaned and wiped the figs, cut the stems off each fig and slice in half lengthwise. Next, cut a small indent in the middle.
- Place 1/2 teaspoon of soft goat cheese in the centre.
- Place 2 or 3 strips of basil and a dollop of honey on top of the goat cheese.
- Wrap the fig in one layer of ham. Skewer with a toothpick to hold it together. Serve at room temperature.