HIGOS CON MIEL Y QUESO
HIGOS CON MIEL Y QUESO (FIGS AND CHEESE)
Figs filled with creamy goat cheese, drizzled with honey and wrapped with Spanish ham is a simple but sophisticated appetiser that will leave your guests’ tastebuds buzzing.
* 16 figs
* 8 Teaspoons soft goat cheese
* 1/4 cup basil, cut in thin strips
* 16 strips of Serrano ham cut into 4-inch pieces
1. After you’ve cleaned and wiped the figs, cut the stems off each fig and slice in half lengthwise. Next, cut a small indent in the middle.
2. Place 1/2 teaspoon of soft goat cheese in the centre.
3. Place 2 or 3 strips of basil and a dollop of honey on top of the goat cheese.
4. Wrap the fig in one layer of ham. Skewer with a toothpick to hold it together. Serve at room temperature.