Steak and polenta
Campo Viejo Christmas Recipes
This Christmas, why not shake things up the Campo Viejo way? A bottle of our most versatile wine, Tempranillo, is sure to be a hit amongst family and friends. And for a celebratory meal to match the wine’s distinct flavour, consider this cosy Christmas steak and polenta dish. Together with a glass of Tempranillo, it’s the perfect winter warmer.
- 250g hanger steak
- Olive oil
- 100g polenta
- 750ml milk
- 75g butter
- 30ml cream
- 1 clove garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the polenta
- Bring the milk with butter, cream and a clove of garlic to a boil. Gradually add the polenta in a thin steady stream, whisking constantly until all the polenta is incorporated into the water.
- Cook for 8 minutes stirring gently. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
For the steak
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Season steak with salt and pepper. When the pan is ready, add steak and cook for about 6 to 8 minutes for medium-rare.
- Transfer to a plate, cover loosely with foil and let rest, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Slice steak and serve with polenta and a glass of Tempranillo. Salud!