Recipe: Espinacas con Garbanzos
Espinacas con Garbanzos (Spanish chickpeas with spinach)
Whether you’re looking for a quick and easy snack, or the perfect side dish to your Spanish-style feast, Spanish chickpeas with spinach (Espinacas con Garbanzos) are always a hit. Serve with a glass of Campo Viejo and enjoy!
Serves 1-2 people
- 1-2 tablespoons of extra-virgin Spanish olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1-2 handfuls of fresh spinach, chopped roughly
- 1 can (400g) of chickpeas, drained
- 1 teaspoon of sweet smoked paprika
- Salt (to taste)
- In a pan, add the oil and garlic. Cook over medium heat until brown.
- Add the paprika and spinach. Stir, then let the spinach cook for a few minutes until wilted.
- Drain the chickpeas and pour into the pan. Stir, adding a little more oil, paprika or salt to taste. Allow the mixture to simmer for a few minutes until chickpeas are cooked.
- That’s it! Serve on its own, or on top of fried bread with tapas.